9/30/09

For the love of family

It has been an amazing day. We had family visiting from out of town so we elected to play hooky and do the "tourist" thing. We started the day with a leisurely breakfast at "THE" pancake place in Gatlinburg. This was followed by a beautiful day of exploring Dollywood, savoring the fine foods, enjoying the shows and shopping.
We then returned to Gatlinburg to walk up and down the streets, checking out the many shops. I found this beautiful angel to watch over my kitchen. Everywhere we went we could see the signs of fall. I picked up some of my favorite milk chocolate orange creams from the Smoky Mountain Candy Kitchen. We finished the day with a drive to The Chimneys followed by a filling supper in Pigeon Forge.
I must say that it was a very relaxing way to spend "over-the-hump" day. Never knew Wednesday's could be so fun.
So thanks to our family for inviting us along today and making it a time to remember.

No comments: