3/8/10

Fitness Friday (a few days late)

Fitness Friday Well, it turned out that I wasn’t very fit on Friday. Apparently my new fitness routine is affecting my brain because I forgot to give my update. The first week was rough. I developed a horrible cold and ran a fever so I had about 3 days that fitness was the last thing on my mind. However, I’m happy to say that I did drink more water than I normally do and have tried to cut down somewhat on the sweets. I did drop 2 pounds, but not sure if it was from my new routine or if it is from my cold. I am implementing a few new things to the routine this week. #1 – Move more. My job entails setting at a desk the majority of the day, being on the phone. Now, by nature, I am a pacer. When I am on the phone with family, I find myself pacing and walking around while I talk. I just love cordless phones. So, when I am on a call with a client who wants information on my services, I get up and walk around the office while I talk. This does not limit my attention to the customer as I am simply walking while I do my sales pitch. I read in an article that the more steps you increase per day, the more calories you burn. #2 – Now that pretty weather is here, I am going to quit looking for the closest parking space. I will start looking for places on the far side of the shopping cart areas of the parking lot, therefore increasing my number of steps. #3 – Me and water do not get along well. City water is blah and I refuse to pay hard earned money for bottled water. So I have purchased Crystal Light Hydration on the go. I buy the lightly lemon flavor. It is a light lemonade. Not real sweet and heavy like normal lemonade, but stronger that regular lemon water. You simply pour a packet into 16 ounces of water and shake well. I keep a 32 ounce water jug in the fridge and add two packs at a time. Then when I want a drink, I simply pour me some of the lemonade instead of a Pepsi or nasty water. There are 5 calories per 16 ounces as opposed to about 70 calories per soft drink. There are 0 fat grams, 0 carbs, and 0 sugar. It does have 75 mg sodium, which helps keep you hydrated and 35 mg potassium which helps with leg cramps. Those are my changes for this week. We will see how it goes and I’ll give you another report this Friday. I want to thank a dear friend who asked what happened to my Fitness Friday column. Better late than never.

1 comment:

Breathing In Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.