4/23/10

Carpe diem

Carpe diem. Latin for Carpe(imperative mood of "Carpere") =seize Diem (accusative case of "Dies.Diei")=the day, the present, the moment. I wish I would have thought of this earlier today. I spent the morning going to yard sales with my dear friends, Sherrie and Clara. We went to one at a church close to my house. They had some awesome deals. There was this beautiful table. It was long and slender, the kind you would put in an entrance way or behind a sofa. It had two small drawers and was in excellent condition. The price? $10.00. To back up, I need to tell you that the last time I bought new furniture home, Hubby said that we couldn't fit one more piece of furniture in the house. So I stood there with Sherrie trying to figure where in the world I could put it. One of the ladies from the church was helping us with ideas. We could not come up with anywhere it would fit. I was heartbroken, but at the same time wasn't sure I should bring home more furniture. So I walked inside to look around. It wasn't 5 minutes later, somebody bought it. Well, I'm home now and telling hubby the story about the beautiful table for only $10 and what does he say? "You should have bought it. We could have put it over there and pointed to a perfect place that I had not even thought about. I was so mad at myself. So the moral to my story is seize the moment. When you find that perfect deal....BUY IT. If I hadn't found a place to put it I could have given it to somebody else. I am sitting here kicking myself. I am not one to contemplate items when I shop. I know my budget and if I see what I want and it's at a good price. I buy it. I don't know what was wrong with me this morning. I know one thing, from now on, I will seize the moment before the deal gets away from me.

1 comment:

Breathing In Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.