4/29/10

Exercising

I discovered something wonderful this morning. My cable (Comcast) has Exercise TV on their on-demand service. You can select the program you want and exercise in your own schedule. I decided to give it a whirl. I do not like exercise that causes me to get in the floor. I'm not always sure I can get back up. I would hate to be stuck in the floor all day until hubby gets home. So I decided to try Disco Abs. My tummy is my greatest shame so that sounded like a good place to start. Its marketing ploy was "Dance your abs into shape with your favorite Disco oldies." Sounded pretty good so I hit select. The show began with a room full of physically fit cuties gyrating to YMCA by the Village People. The 'teacher' welcomes you and says we will start off with a few warm ups. After 5 minutes of warm ups, I was worn out. Why are the warm ups as hard as the work outs? But I persevered. I bounced and sashayed to the left and then to the right. Hips a swaying, feet a stepping. "Hmm, not bad.", I say to myself. Then she added some arm swinging and hand clapping. By this time I'm really starting to get into the swing of things. Then it happened. She added some waist twisting and hip swaying. My body was all over the place. I couldn't keep up. I looked like a mound of Jello jiggling when you dump it out of the mold. I thought to myself "This cannot be pretty." But I remembered what a friend told me yesterday about working on things I can control. I thought, "Come on Bee, you can do this." I proceeded to jump and twist and bounce and hop.....all the way into the coffee table. Oww!! I learned two things today. Sedate crunches and setups are better for little old women and don't ever dance in your living room without moving the coffee table. But I did get in a good workout. I feel rejuvenated this morning. And I will try one of the other shows tomorrow. Not so sure the disco dance is going to be my thing.

5 comments:

Breathing In Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
casiphia said...

When you said jello I thought of those jello pudding comercials. The people jiggled there bodies and at the end the spell out jello with their bodies. How funny but seriously keep going, it's good for ya and I'm going to try it. Tabitha has me work out with her a couple of times during the week when I'm not lazy and she's tough. Remember key word: "lazy".

Mamaw's Place said...

How funny. I forgot all about that commercial. That's about how I felt. You keep up the good work too.

Rachel said...

you are too funny!!!!

MissyMcM said...

I am bringing you a walking video! I could just see myself trying that disco stuff...not pretty!

Remember Dori from "Finding Nemo"...just keep swimming, just keep swimming? Don't give up...just keep exercising, just keep exercising.