6/20/10

Happy Father's Day

As we celebrate Father’s Day this year, I want to remember the four men in my life who have meant the most to me. First, Happy Father’s Day to My Daddy: Growing up in a loving family, Daddy played an important, but quite, role in our lives. He was always there. Providing for us, playing with us, loving us. He loved each of us and showed his love every day. He loved Mom deeply and between the two of them, home was a place of warmth and happiness. He was a hard worker and set good examples for us all. Next, Happy Father’s Day to My Husband: I met Allen when I was 25 years old. On our first date, I knew it was destiny for me to spend my life with this man. He has been my rock. No matter what happens, I can always turn to him for comfort and support. He has been a wonderful provider and a great father to our children. Not many men will take on a new wife with 3 year old twins when they have a 4 year old, 3 year old and one year old of their own? But Allen did. Thanks to him, my children were able to have a full, happy childhood. We went places and did things that I never could have done without him. He is the love of my life and I wish him a Happy Father’s Day. Also, Happy Father’s Day to My Father-in-law: When I think of my father-in-law, I think of joy, friendliness, and laughter. Joe has never met a stranger. He is one of those people who you just can’t help but love the minute you meet him. He has been there for us over the years whenever we needed him. I am so thankful to still have him in my life today. He is 81 and while he has health challenges, you would never know it to look at him. He goes and goes. He still looks the same today as he did 20 years ago. He is a rare individual and I love him dearly. I’ve saved the best for last, Happy Father’s Day to my heavenly Father. I always give thanks on Father’s day to the one who has made my life possible. He is the one who stands beside me come what may. He is the one who breathed life into me and watches over every step I take. He is the one who picks me up when I falter. He is the one who calms the storms in my life. He is the one who calms me when the storms are of my own making. He is my rock, my salvation, and my strength - my everything. He tells us over and over I AM. I love him with every ounce of my being because I know that HE IS!

No comments: