6/24/10

How sad.....

How sad is it to reach 53 years old, work for a living since you were 18, hold down jobs where you are a manager over 10 employees, start your own business and run it successfully, but have to call your mom and say "How to you fix scrambled eggs?" That's right. I do not know how to cook. Well at least not very much stuff. I can do meatloaf and hamburgers or hotdogs. I can boil an egg and make a few "easy" items. But I have never fixed a scrambled egg. I've watched Allen many times, but never really paid much attention. I was always the one who volunteered to keep the little ones out of the kitchen while others did the cooking. I was the one who received a cook book as a wedding gift that was titled "How to Boil Water". I was the one who had the picky appetite and didn't care how it was fixed as long as I didn't have to eat it. I was the one who loved desserts and can bake anything coming and going. But, cook? Not me. When I called Mom and asked "How do you fix scramble eggs?" I can just imagine her standing their, staring at the phone and sadly shaking her head. Some things are probably better left unasked.

3 comments:

Breathing In Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mamaw's Place said...

I don't know. I was posting this one to save for today and the computer went zappy. Then this posted instead of saving and the other one was gone.

Breathing In Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.