7/21/10

Lifestyles...

I recently connected on Facebook with someone I was close to and have not seen for about 40 years. I went to her photos with excitement to see how she looked now compared to when we were children. I sat there and stared for a good 5 minutes. She had on her sleeveless t-shirt, biker leather jacket, doo rag on her head, tatoos on her arm, beer in one hand and cigarette in the other. My first thought was "Train up a child in the way he(she) should go, and when he(she) is old he will not depart from it.: - Proverbs 22:6 Then my second thought was "Judge not, that ye be not judged." - Matthew 7:1. I'm not condoning her lifestyle nor am I condemning. I'm simply saying that it is amazing to me how two people, so close, from similar backgrounds can turn out so differently. The choices we make in our lives make us. They are the cornerstone of who we are; the very essence of our being. Are you making the right choices? Are you living the life God wants you to live? When others look at you what do they see? It's not just our actions but the way we dress, the way we carry ourselves that let's others see into our lives. Make sure you are setting the example you want to set.

No comments: