7/10/10

Some alarming news....

I'm not sure how it happened or when it happened. But I just realized I'm getting older. (You notice I refuse to say OLD). I've notice the creeks and groans, the pops and crackles as I bend and move. I can't get up and down in the floor with as much ease as I did in my 20's. I can't stay up real late like I did in my teens. I remember when I went to bi-focals, I was able to say that it was okay; it was understandable. I did a lot of close up work and the bi-focals were just a precaution to protect my eyes from any strain. Then a few years back, they switched me to tri-focals. Again, I was cool with it. I worked on computers for a living; I read a lot for leisure. So it made sense to have a level for distance, a level for close up work and a middle level for normal day-to-day eye use. But when I had to go purchase a pair of reading glasses yesterday to give me a FOURTH level of viewing for reading my emails on my new phone, I realized that age has a way of sneaking up on us when we are not looking. So I popped over to Wally World and purchased me another set of eyes. I did not realize that reading glasses came in such cute frames. That is the one cool thing about them.....I can get something really fun and wild since they are not on my face all the time. The problem was there were TOO MANY to choose from. I mean, it doesn't take me that long to pick out a new car. I tried on just about every pair they had, some of them 2 and 3 times, finally choosing some I thought I loved. Then after getting them home and really checking them out, I decided I wished I had went with another style. So I had kept my receipt and I'm heading back to a different Wally World today. If they have some I like better, I'll probably exchange them. Oh lands, I'm turning into a little old lady.

4 comments:

Breathing In Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Breathing In Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mamaw's Place said...

Oh I love it! I saw the giveaway but was getting ready to go somewhere and meant to go back and see the "rules". I'll do it now. Thanks for the reminder. You do tell me I'm a hoot all the time. That would be so cute.

Breathing In Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.