7/6/10

A three day weekend

I love 3 day weekends. I hate 3 day weekends. It is wonderful to have an extra day off to enjoy. You plan and get excited and think of all the things you can accomplish. Then the big weekend gets here and you forget half the stuff you wanted to get done. I was going to shop on Saturday, relax around the house on Sunday and catch up on some work on Monday. Well Saturday went well. The shopping was a great success. Got some new clothes for Baby Boy that's due in October. Had a great day. Went to church on Sunday and heard an awesome sermon from Pastor Brandon. After church, I tried to relax and did for the most part. I was restless most of the day. I read, sat out in the sun and read, laid on the couch and read, had a snack and read. (I guess you see I love to read).Allen had the day off and relaxed around the house with me (when I wasn't being restless). He fixed fried chicken, corn-on-the-cob, potato salad and baked beans for our supper. It was SOOOOO good. I ate to much so I fell asleep early on the couch. Monday, I got up early all energized to get caught up on work. I did get the house cleaned, ice trays dumped and managed to catch up on emails from the weekend. But that was the extent of it. When 9:00 rolled around, I thought of all the people enjoying their day off. I thought, why am I working on my day off? The work will be there tomorrow. So I did what I do best...I went shopping. Now, here it is back to work day and I think of all the things I wish I had done on my days off. But more importantly, I want another day off. I love days off, but hate when I have to get back to reality. Hope you each have a wonderful day today.

No comments: