9/24/10

Today is brought to you by the #5


5 Friday Facts

The use of the Gregorian calendar and its leap year system results in a small statistical anomaly, that the 13th of any month is slightly more likely to fall on a Friday than any of the other six days.

In some cultures, Friday is considered unlucky. This is particularly so in maritime circles; perhaps the most enduring sailing superstition is that it is unlucky to begin a voyage on a Friday.

The weekday Friday is named after the goddess, from the Old English frīgedæg, which is probably equivalent to the Latin dies veneris which is named for the goddess Venus.

In most countries with a five-day work week, Friday is the last workday before the weekend and is, therefore, viewed as a cause for celebration or relief .

In Saudi Arabia and Iran, however, Friday is the last day of the weekend and Saturday is the first workday.


5 Types of Friday

Good Friday
Black Friday
Casual Friday
Friday the 13th
TGI Friday's

5 Things that Freak Me Out

Lizards - gives me the shimmies just to say it

Scary movies - cannot watch them at all, can't even be in the room when they are on. 

Mice - just as bad as lizards. I am definitely a girl when it comes to mice. Hop up on a chair and scream.

Driving in the snow - that didn't bother me until after the blizzard of '93

Public speaking - I can talk to a group as long as I'm sitting down and one of them. But make me stand up and face them and it freaks me out.

5 Pet Peeves

People who think they are better than others or that thier way is the only way.

People who try to get over in traffic then don't even wave a thank you when you let them over.

Indecisiveness - Oh my gosh, make a decision already. It's not rocket science.

Rachel Ray with her EVOO and her sammies. Hey Rachel, they are SANDWICHES and it's OLIVE OIL. 

The people on Wheel of Fortune who say "I'm married to my husband". That is the dumbest remark. Who else would you be married to, your sister's husband.

5 Favorite Things

Chocolate
My books
Teapots/tea sets
Purses
Yarn

Today has been brought to you by the #5




1 comment:

Breathing In Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.