10/25/10

Some weird things going on out back....

There are some weird happenings in my back yard. Not sure if it the after effects of a full moon or the prelim to a strange Halloween. Either way, check this out.

This was early morning yesterday and I think it made the river look down right eerie. Made me think of Madame Rue (Love Potion #9) and Witchy Woman (by the Eagles). 'Course I also thought of a little CCR with "Bad Moon Rising". Anyway, it was just a tad spooky when I went out to get the newspaper.



Now, I just can't explain this next one. I love tea roses. So I bought one in the spring. It was my favorite rose. A pale yellow with peach tips. So I've had beautiful yellow/peach roses all summer. As summer ended, it started dying off. But it still kept some green leaves.

About a week ago, I noticed some buds coming back. But now, when they bloomed, I had one pink rose and one pure yellow rose. Where did that all come from? There was no pink on this plant all summer. But now I get one single pink rose and the one that is yellow, has no peach. But I only planted one plant. Strange.

No comments: