11/10/10

I believe

Thankful thought of the day - Today I am thankful for the word BELIEVE.



Just a little while ago, I went to my Facebook page to paste my thankful thought of the day. I am thankful for so much that it takes me awhile to decide what one thing to focus on each day. As I was deciding, I started scrolling through the posts that were made last night. And then I saw it. A post that guided me to what I needed to be thankful for today. BELIEVING.

A wonderful, dear friend of mine who I have known for about 50 years, had posted a video she took of two of her granddaughters. I'm not sure of their exact ages but I think they are around 5 and 8. The video is of the youngest child playing a beautiful song on the piano. It is perfection. She doesn't miss a note as her little fingers glide across the ivory keys. Her sister is sitting beside her, clearly in awe. The little one offers to teach the big sister how to play. She takes Sis's fingers and places them on the keys and patiently shows her each note. That in itself is precious, but what made my morning was when the older one made a comment about not being able to do it, this little angel looked at her big sis and smiled and said "Yes you can if you BELIEVE you can."

I could not have said it better. How many times do we falter or fail simply because we do not have the faith that we can do it. We believe in others so easily, but have such a hard time believing in ourselves. Believing is to think; to feel sure of; to accept as true; to trust. Why do we let doubts enter in? When we set goals for our lives, we should go after those goals, believing with a trusting heart that God will guide us on our journey to reach our goals. We must have a firm conviction.

The Little Engine that Could taught us "I think I can, I think I can."  Bob the Builder is famous for his "Can we build it? YES WE CAN." Young David was not afraid to fight Goliath. He said "Your servant has killed both the lion and the bear; this uncircumcised Philistine will be like one of them, because he has defied the armies of the living God." A young boy with a cocky attitude BELIEVED he could take down a giant. Through our faith in God and our belief in ourselves, we should be able to achieve great things if only we BELIEVE.

No comments: