11/8/10

Miscellany Monday

Thankful thought of the day - Today, I am thankful for music. Whether it be Southern Gospel, Country, 50's music or the old fashioned rock and roll, I love music.



..... Tried a little experiment yesterday. I was making a few pigs in a blanket and had four croissants dough left over.  I was going to just bake them and use them for bacon croissant sandwiches, but I wondered what else I could do with them. So I unrolled them, sprinkled the liberally with sugar and then sprinkled them with cinnamon. I rolled them up and put them on the cookie sheet with the piggies. Baked them the normal time on the package. When they came out, I mixed confectioner sugar, a splash of vanilla and a little milk to make a thin glaze and used a spoon to drizzle it on the hot rolls. The result: The most delicious cinnamon roll I ever had. Just made four of them and hubby loved them. He ate them all before the day was out. Which is impressive because he is not a big sweet eater.



..... Went shopping on Saturday. The stores are starting to load up with some great gift items for Christmas. They are having a lot of store specials. I saved over 75% on some really great deals at Kohl's. Can't believe how fast the holidays are approaching.

..... Black Friday ads are starting to be posted. The best site to see them is http://bfads.net/. You can register and actually build a shopping list right on their site. Then just print it off on Thanksgiving and head out Friday for the bargains.

..... Made our Thanksgiving dinner list. I crack myself up. It never changes from year to year, but I sit down every year and make the list so we don't forget to fix something. Everybody has their faves. Mine is the ham (the rest of the family likes turkey). Another fave is the baked beans and of course I love the mashed potatoes and gravy. And I can't forget the graham cracker pie.

..... Lots of exciting things going on at church in December. We'll have our float in 2 different Christmas Parades. The choir and drama team will be doing The Star Still Shines on December 11th & 12th. Our children's Christmas program will be on December 19th.

..... Baking season is upon us. I'll be doing my normal holiday baking. Cookies, cakes, candies. I leave the pies for my hubby as that is his specialty. Lots of new recipes to try this year.

No comments: