1/27/11

Living on the streets of Heaven...


Do you ever stop and really think about what it is going to be like when you get to heaven? Do you imagine the streets of gold? Just close your eyes and imagine what your days will be like when you get to heaven.....

The gates will swing open, not with a grinding slow motion, but in a grand gesture of welcome. The Father and Son will be waiting there with arms wide open, huge smiles on their face and those wonderful words "My child, welcome home". They will embrace you and there will be laughter and hugs and the sweetest joy ever known.

Once you have spent time in their embrace, one of the angels will show you around your new home. Your eyes will take in so much beauty that it will be unbelievable. Once you get adjusted to your new home, you will be able to visit. I can imagine walking the streets of Heaven, visiting with loved ones. You'll be walking along one day with those who have gone on before and someone will say "That's where Moses lives." Or "Look, there goes Abraham, Isaac and Jacob." You'll want to set down and talk with those saints of old.

Then you'll meet up with the angels and sing songs of such grandeur and beauty that it would take your breath away. I can imagine love, laughter, joy, peace, contentment. But I think most of all, no matter what you see or do in Heaven, about every 5 minutes you will be running back to Jesus just to get a quick hug or just to talk with Him. I think you will be like a little kid full of excitement.

It will be a wonderful time of rejoicing. We will never grow old; our ailments will be gone and we will spend eternity in the arms of our Saviour.

5 comments:

Beth said...

This is a beautiful post Bee. Thank you. I imagine Heaven just exactly the way you described it.

WheelchairDecor said...

I agree that I'll be spending a lot of time thanking my Savior for what he has done...I am doing it now, and it will be awesome to tell Him face to face!

chizoba said...

It wil be aweson making it to heaven, seeing the mmaster face, all the lovely angels and saints of God, dwelling together in the streets of gold n jasper wall. Come Lord Jesus!

Amber said...

Same here I cannot wait to see the one who sacrificed His life for all of us. At the same time I feel sorry for those who have a hard time believing in Him or just simply refuse to, because they won't be seeing and walking along side our Lord or seeing those who we love who have already passed on to see Him. I can't wait to see our Lord and my mother Mary who died when I was only 4 yrs old. I know that she currently stands by His side and that makes me so happy and excited to be doing the same thing.

Anonymous said...

Loved reading this. Wish there were a way to share this on fb.