1/12/11

My God


His mercy endures forever; his grace has set me free.
His love flows like a river as it washes over me.
His peace comes down from heaven. With joy my heart sings.
As I go into His presense riding on angel wings. 

My faith is never ending; my cares on Him I cast.
I don't worry o'er the future; I don't dwell upon the past.
I know that He is with me with every step I trod.
I'll always be His chosen; He'll always be my God.

Copyright Brenda Keefer 1999

I wrote this during some rough times in my life but the words are as true today as they were when I wrote them. Pride is not always a good thing. But there are times when being proud is called for. And one of those times is when you can stand up and smile and without a shadow of a doubt proclaim that the great I AM is MY GOD.

He is mine and I am His. No matter what that will not change. The world can beat us down and trample us. Friends can cut us to the core with ill-chosen words. But when push comes to shove, He will always be My God and will always be there for me. 

2 comments:

Breathing In Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

Wow! That is so beautiful and I agree very much!