3/1/11

Blessed....

I saw a cute T-shirt design that said "To blessed to stress". It really touched my heart. I try so hard not to let stress come into my life, but it isn't easy. We need to keep a positive attitude about things and not let them get to us. I have so many things to be thankful for and the Lord has really blessed me.

I have been known to have a "Pollyanna" attitude and I don't worry about things that maybe I SHOULD worry about. But God is my fortress and my strength. Why should we struggle and take things upon ourselves when it is so easy to let go and let God.

I am the worlds worst for thinking I need to do it by myself. But whenever I try it on my own, it doesn't work. So instead of giving up, I give it to God. Is it easy? No. Do I do it all the time? No.

I am ashamed to say that I think I can fix it alone and then after struggling with it and letting Him have it, everything just falls into place.

So if I know, He can do it and I know He will provide a way and I know how blessed I am, I have to ask myself why....why do I want to do it by myself. I'm not sure. That is something I struggle with daily and one of my many failings. But God did not make us perfect. He doesn't expect us to have all the answers or make all the right decisions. We just need to spend more time on our knees. We need to be like the saints of old and fall down on our face and pour our hearts out to Him. 

He is still in control and He still wants to bless us, if we only let Him.

1 comment:

Breathing In Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.