4/17/11

Palm Sunday


Tonight is our Easter Cantata at church. If you live in the Kodak/Sevierville area, please visit our service tonight at 6:30 p.m. at Beech Springs Baptist Church in Kodak. 

It's still up in the air whether or not I'm going to get to sing. I've practiced some old home remedies, taken couch syrup and cough/cold medicine. I still have that little tickle and still have the occasional coughing "fit". I've been afraid to try to sing, because I've been resting my voice.

I'm having mixed feeling about singing in the choir this morning. On the one hand, if I try this morning and then get hoarse or can't hit it, I'll know not to sing tonight. But on the other hand, if I only have enough voice strength for one performance, should I save it until tonight. Decisions, decisions.

Some of you may think this is no big deal, but to me this is a huge torment. Of all the works I try to do for God, my singing His word is the absolute biggest blessing I ever receive. I don't claim to have any great voice and you probably can't even tell if I'm singing or not, but I can tell. And I can feel it. I don't do it for any personal glory. It is my testimony to Him. I'll just have to keep praying that all goes well today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just rest your voice this morning. God will allow you to sing tonight just keep the faith. I know singers that could not speak one word when they got up to sing. Then amazing vocal came from thir voices. Just keep the faith.

Beth said...

I have faith that you will sing beautifully tonight!