4/18/11

Monday Meanderings.....

.....Poor Garfield. That's how I feel this morning. I had a great weekend, but Monday has returned. I normally get up at 5:00 or 5:30. Today, I actually slept until 5:50. I got up, stumbled into the living room, turned the light on, grabbed my favorite fleece throw, turned the light OFF and laid back down on the couch. I slept until 7:00. It feels like I really slept late. Felt pretty good to do that for once.
.....I love Kohls. I'm very excited because I have finally found my Easter Outfit. I'm breaking my tradition this year and not getting a dress or skirt & top. I found a pretty top and white pants that I fell in love with. They were on sale at Kohl's and I just knew "This was it!" I tried them on and they actually both fit (which almost never happens with me.) I was ecstatic.
I thought I would take a gander at the jewelry just to see what they had. Do you ever have one of those moments when you see something and you just KNOW it was made to go with a particular outfit? Well, that happened with this necklace and earrings I found. The pattern is exactly like the pattern in the top. (Because of the lights in the room, I couldn't get a good picture, but it is green with the black pattern like the top. )
Now the really great part is that the total of all three items was $91.00. After all sales discounts and coupons, my cost for everything....$39.00. Did I mention I love Kohls?

.....I didn't have to buy new shoes. I had these adorable sandals I bought last year that I think will look really cute with the outfit. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of these people who worries about how I look or what others think about how I look. But I do want to at least attempt to "clean up well." :) I'm just one of those "if I look better, I feel better" type people.
..... Our Easter Cantata went very well last night (at least I thought it did.) I plied myself with cold medicine and cough syrup before I left and took me a bottle of water and some cough drops with me. I was able to hit my high notes and kept right on going until the next to the last song. Then it hit. The lights started getting hotter. The choir robe started feeling heavier. The hot flash came on strong. I felt that little tickle in the back of my throat. And I had to stop to cough and set down to get a quick drink of water. But I made it through and was able to finish out the last song with no more problems. So I was happy.
..... Now it's back to Monday and reality. I'm going to be chained to my desk today. I own my own business, but I do tax work for another company as well. Plus I'm involved in a project at church that I'm going to finalize today. So I guess it's time to get to work and see what challenges the day will bring.
Have a happy Monday!

3 comments:

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

I love the outfit!!!

Envious that you got to sleep until 7:00 - I was up at 5:00 and I'm really dragging at this point.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Breathing In Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

Glad your contada went well. Glad you are feeling better and I love your outfit. The shoes and necklace too. I will have to make a trip to Kohl's. I love that store too. Love you!