5/16/11

Cleaning House Hazardous to Health


I am not a big fan of cleaning house. It is one of those things that rates right up there with going to the dentist. I do it but I take no great joy in the actual work, but I do take great pride in the finished product.

I have often joked about cleaning house being dangerous. Mostly, to try to get out of doing it. But this weekend, I have come to realize that you do need to be a little careful.

I was happily vacuuming this Saturday in preparation for my Pampered Chef party. In my haste to get done, I wasn't watching what I was doing and somehow tangled my foot in the cord. As I stepped forward, the cord pulled tight...I twisted forward and now I have a very sore ankle. I think I sprained it, but since you can't do anything for a sprain except heat and cold, I'm not paying a doctor a small fortune just to be told it is sprained.

Of course, I did stand on it all day Saturday and I went to the store that evening. I went to church yesterday morning and evening. I'm pretty sure "prop it up and let is rest" is what I should do, not "keep on going and expect it to feel better."

Hubby suggested I wrap it in an Ace Bandage, but being stubborn, I insisted it would be fine.

In additional to the sprained ankle, I ran into a door knob with my arm (did I ever tell you I am NOT real graceful). I now have a bruise forming below my elbow. That night, I was talking to hubby and not watching where I was going and walked right into the coffee table with my knee cap. Talk about an "ouchy". Being me, I was going full speed ahead so there was definitely bruising and torn skin from that injury.

So, I was right....cleaning house IS hazardous to your health.



No comments: