5/21/11

Dr. Seuss was a genius....

Has there ever been a person who has not at one time in their lives, loved Dr. Seuss. The man was brilliant. He could get across life lessons with a little nonsense thrown in.
As an adult, I have come to admire some of his more famous quotes. Here are a few of my favorites and what they mean to me....

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
Life will get you down. Things will change. Don't let the changes upset you or depress you. Remember the good times and let the happy memories bring a smile to your face.

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells."
This one makes me think that laughter IS the best medicine. I can be so silly sometimes that I bet my brain cells are doing a happy dance.
 
"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."
Sometimes we look too much for hidden meanings. We need to learn to take more things at face value instead of trying to pick it to pieces to see what it means.
 
"How did it get so late so soon?"
Don't come to the end of your journey just to realize you let life pass you by. Squeeze every single moment of joy from life that you can.
 
"I’m glad we had the times together just to laugh and sing a song, seems like we just got started and then before you know it, the times we had together were gone."
This one is so important. Live your life with passion. Squeeze every moment from it. One of my clients always ends his talks with "Love what you do, love why you are doing it, and love who you are doing it with."

"Why fit in when you were born to stand out?"
Why settle for second best. Be the best YOU that you can be and you will have succeeded in life.
 
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
This has to be my all time favorite one. It is so true. We have got to be true to ourselves and not act like something we are not. We can't be what everyone wants us to. The people who don't like us and cannot accept us the way we are, are the people whose opinions should not matter in our lives. But those who love us DESPITE what or who we are, are the very ones who should matter the most to us.
 
Thank you to my wonderful readers who allow me to be ME and come back to visit everyday!



1 comment:

Beth said...

Dr Seuss helped raise my kids. Loved his books as much as they did.