5/7/11

Faith Update



As many of you saw last week, I had plans to do my blog every Friday on Faith. I was going to share stories of people who have shown amazing faith in facing the obstacles they have had to overcome in their lives.

I did not do the Faith Filled Friday yesterday. One of my faithful followers pointed out that she had expected a faith blog since it was Friday. So I thought I should give you an update.

I found out several things in doing my research for this topic. A lot of people like to believe they have faith; but when it comes down to it, they are reluctant to actually call it that. They will talk about overcoming adversity. They will say they had faith that God would pull them through, but then they like to list the reasons they were able to fight their battle and win and leave out any glory to God.

I worked for a publishing company that interviewed 100's of successful business people over the years for a ten-volume book series they were doing. The last question of every interview was "Does faith play an important part in your life?"

The answers amazed me. Every single person interviewed gave a beautiful, eloquent answer on how important faith was to them. Yet, only one lady was ever brave enough to talk about her faith in God. All the others, even ones who were Christians, discussed faith in themselves, the faith their parents placed in them, faith in hard work, faith in success. But they were all too afraid of offending their readers to actually have it put in print that they were a success because of their faith in God.

Have we become a nation so ashamed of our God that we cannot give Him the glory for what we are? Why is it so easy to talk among other Christians and share our testimony of our deep-rooted belief and faith in God, yet be leery of discussing it with the secular world for fear we may not be politically correct.

It saddens me to think that we feel like we cannot shout it to the roof tops that faith works miracles. In my blog yesterday I said that I squeeze every possible minute of happiness that I can out of life. The first and foremost reason I am able to do this is faith. If I was asked what my number one strength is, it would be faith. I cannot stress it enough. If you place your trust in God and leave your worries and cares in His hands, you would have so much more joy in your life. Does that mean I never worry? No, it doesn't. It just means that I'm allowed to keep it in perspective. Faith provides us with a positive mental attitude to face the challenges we face and still keep sane.

I saw a quote the other day that I really like:

"A little faith will bring your soul to heaven, but a lot of faith will bring heaven to your soul. - Author Unknown

This is so true. There is nothing in the world that can compare to the peace, contentment, happiness and joy that will come into your life when you exhibit pure faith in the Lord. Thanks be to God that we can believe He will handle our problems, we have hope that a brighter day is ahead. But if we do NOT have a firm foundation of faith behind that belief and behind that hope, it is simply wishful thinking.


1 comment:

Mamaw's Place said...

With permission from Ms. Norma, I am posting her comment she emailed me for her since her computer is not letting her:

The Doctor had said that I needed a transplant and if I was going to accept one, we needed to get started on listing me. I was in that window of opportunity and from here I would go down hill fast. I prayed one night when I went to bed after the Doctor said that, that I was putting it in God's hands, if I was to have a transplant then he would make it happen. I had faith that he would take care of it either way. I had the most beautiful peaceful feeling I have ever had in my life when I turned everything over to God and turned it lose. I stopped trying to do God's work for him. Everything starting falling into place with the listing, the fundraising, the actual lung transplant match, and you know the rest. God is so good when you turn lose and have faith that God will handle everything.

Norma