5/25/11

How did things get so out of hand....



It started off so simple. People began wearing flip flops for all occasions. They became an acceptable form of fashion footwear. I am not a shoe person and never have been. I have one pair of winter tennis shoes and one pair for summer. I have one pair black winter boots and one pair of brown. I have one pair of black dress shoes and one pair of brown and a pair of black flats and a pair of brown. I had three pairs of sandals (black, brown and white).


Then the flip flop phase came and I was sunk. Growing up, I always lived for summer when we could wear our "floppies" as we called them back then. But a couple of years ago, I started buying a couple of new pairs of flip flops and then a couple of more and now, I have 25 pairs of flip flops.


How did things get so out of hand? I am going to blame part of it on Kohl's for having $12.99 flip flops on sale for $5.99 when I have a $5.00 coupon. I'm going to blame the other part on Payless for their Buy One Get One 1/2 off sales. I guess I'll take the rest of the blame since y'all already know I love to collect things. Do flip flops count as collectibles?


My daughter bought her two year old daughter, Shelby, her first pair of flip-flops Saturday. Shelby was all excited and had to wear her new "flollups" out of the store. I think I've started something.




3 comments:

Linda said...

I have a closet full of shoes...yet I live in flip flops. Especially the Crocs...so comfortable!

Becky Jane said...

Love your collection of floppies! I have a hard time passing up flip-flops for my girls...

Anonymous said...

Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and I'm impressed!
Very useful information specifically the last part :
) I care for such info much. I was seeking this certain information for a long time.
Thank you and good luck.