5/6/11

A week in the life....


I'm following Jeremiah 29:11.

I'm going to take my lead from Ms. Debbie and post an update on my week.

Sunday was a blessing as I was able to have all five of my grandchildren at church with me for the first time since the baby got here. It was a true delight to show them all off...even if it was a little exhausting. After delivering them all back home, I crashed on the couch the rest of the day.
Monday was a beautiful day and that evening I spent a pleasurable time at the ball field watching Garret and Alexis's ballgames.
Tuesday I cleaned and re-organized my office and took Flat Stanley to visit the Northview Elementary. You can see him standing on my grandson's head in the back row. Then Hubby grilled chopped sirloin, fixed baked potatoes and corn on the cob while I took a bubble bath and finished my Nora Roberts book.
Wednesday was church night. We have been studying some of the minor prophets and it has been very interesting.
Thursday night I kept two of the grandkids while my daughter and her husband went to the Zac Brown Concert. She is a HUGE fan. She was so excited because Mr. Brown was shopping where she works yesterday and she got to shake his hand, talk to him and get his autograph. She was a like a teenager bouncing off the walls with excitement instead of a married mother of two.
Anyway, the kids stayed with me and played hard all night right up until bedtime when they crashed. Once they were gone....they were gone.
Then this morning, my hubby surprised me by taking me shopping at Turkey Creek in Knoxville, which I LOVE to go to and then took me to Applebees for my Mother's Day Dinner. I always like to go out for Mother's Day BEFORE the actual day since the restaurants are so crowed on Mother's Day. He bought me two new pairs of flip flops and a new tea kettle. Don't laugh, it is what I asked for when he asked what I wanted. The flip flops were buy one get one 1/2 off so you know I love a bargain.

I guess you can see I've had a busy week. The thing is, this is about normal for me. We seem to always have something going on. I squeeze every possible minute of happiness that I can out of life. I'm looking forward to a wonderful weekend. Hope everyone else has one as well and Happy Mother's Day to all my blogging friends.

1 comment:

Mamaw's Place said...

I was going to do Friday Faith blogs, but the couple of people I have lined up were not able to get their stories to me so I'm going to do the faith ones either montly or every other week. It will depend.