6/20/11

Purchases, pleasantness, and paranoia

I had a wonderful time antiquing on Saturday. I picked up several bargains. Got some cute bowls, some Vintage Pyrex & Corelle for my sister, some cute coffee cups and some more salt dips for my collection. Total cost for all this was $19.50. Not a bad day.


We had a very pleasant Father's Day. We spent the day just relaxing around the house and looking at new grills online. That is his Father's Day gift, but he can't decide what one he wants. We'll probably end up at Home Depot one day this week. I actually cooked supper (hubby normally does all the cooking). I fixed chopped sirloin steaks, baked potato and corn. We had a peach pie for dessert. All in all, it was a very pleasant day.


We have had rain and thunderstorms on and off for the past two days. The sky is gloomy again this morning and they are calling for more isolated thunderstorms. After having two cars totalled in a recent hail storm, I am now paranoid every time they say "with a chance of hail". It makes me want to go outside and cover the vehicles. I used to love to watch a good storm roll in. Now I just get a feeling of panic every time I see dark clouds.

Hope everybody has a great week!

1 comment:

Lucky Wife/Bookaholic said...

I grew up in East Liverpool,OH just across the river from WV and the home of fiesta ware... I come from a long line of Potters... clear back to Staffordshire England and I LOVE, love love dishes...
I am enjoying your treasures.