7/24/11

My daughter knows me so well....

Well, my patience has paid off and the waiting is over. I got my car on Friday afternoon. I love it. The color is Titanium Green Metallic (though it doesn't look green in the picture...it is.)


So, Saturday, I get to take it out for it's first excursion. I picked up my daughter and her children to head out for a day of shopping. As we got on the interstate, I made the comment "Everytime I get a new car, I have to christen it when it gets on the interstate for the first time." She turned to her son and said, "Oh great. That means we'll be hearing.......and then she starts singing

"So put me on a highway
And show me a sign
And take it to the limit one more time"

So, I love the Eagles and Take it to the Limit is my all time favorite song. I laughed and said, "You think you know me so well. When this song goes off, I have another one I love to play when I get a new car. She immediately pops off with "I know. Sweet home Alabama."

Freaky. This child knows me WAY too well.  

All in all, the car did great and it was wonderful to finally be driving closer to the ground. I hope it is a long time before I have to drive the truck again.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be in the same boat this week. Need a new car myself!

I'm your newest follower from the say hi sunday hop. Would love if you could follow me back, too at
www.kindertravels.net

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the new car!!

It put a smile on my face to read how well your daughter knows you! Sounds a lot like me and my mom!

Stopping by from today's blog Hop & new follower - hope you stop by! Have a great week! www.blenifer.com

Beth said...

Beautiful car! Congratulation and drive safely.

Rachel said...

Love your new car!! Hope you enjoy it. Will get to see it in a few months (maybe)!

BrendaC said...

What a pretty car, I am your newest follower from say hi sunday.Would love if you hopped by my blog to check it out when you get a chance at kittycrochettwo.blogspot.com. Have a great week and enjoy that car.

About a Mom said...

Hi! Nice car. Mine will be paid off in a year and I hope it lasts a long time after. I am a new follower from the Sunday Hop! I would love for you to stop by http://aboutamom.com to say hi & return follow!

Leslie said...

yeah.. congratulatons!!!!! Have fun crusing!!

BrendaC said...

Hey Bee, thanks for stopping by my blog. I am from Mason Co. WV but now live in in the tiny town of Buffalo. I looked at your favorite places to eat a hot dog and recognized many of them. Its so nice to meet you!

Linda said...

Oooh I love your car! And the color sounds pretty. Min is called Natural Khaki, but it is kinda of a metallic green also.

Have fun tooting around town singing!

Love, Linda