7/14/11

Newest craft projects....


I love crafts that are quick and easy. I don't have a lot of patience and I don't have a lot of spare time. So I try to find little things I can do with ease that don't take a lot of time. I need immediate gratification or I lose interest. A few weeks ago, you will recall that I took the kids to the local drive thru zoo and petting zoo. Garret, my 12 year old grandson, took an awesome picture of a rooster. I loved it and wanted to put the picture in the kitchen with my rooster "stuff".

I found a cute wooden frame and painted it black and wiped off some of the paint to make it a lighter color and put the picture in this frame. I love it. The frame was $1.00 and I printed the picture at home on matte photo paper. I had the black craft paint so I now have an adorable little picture for just $1.00. I need a piece of chicken wire 4 x 6 to place over the photo to add a little something to it, but when I checked at Lowes, you had to buy a whole roll. They don't precut it anymore. I'll look at a craft store for wiring to use.


Here it is setting on the shelf in the kitchen.


I bought a brown wooden tray that the bottom of it was red and green Christmas design. I never thought to take a picture before I painted it, but I painted it blue.


I had the tall vase and the sweetgrass flowers. My daughter-in-law bought me the jar candle at Mother's Day. I had the little votives. I purchased the click glass vase for $1.00 and the colored rocks inside it for $1.00. The tray was 25 cents at a yard sale and I had the paint. Total out of pocket expense to make this display for the beach room was $2.25.




5 comments:

Linda said...

Well, you are a clever gal indeed! (:>)

I like the rooster picture and how it is tied to a memory from the zoo with your grandkids. And putting the chicken wire over the glass is a cute idea. I hope you find a little piece somewhere for next to nothing.

Over the years I have done little projects...but not too many lately.

Of course with the super hot weather we have had lately we aren't doing much of anything! Ha!

Looking forward to some cooler weather and some more energy! Perhaps then my creative juices will start flowing again!

Have a good day Bee.

Love, Linda

Lucky Wife/Bookaholic said...

I have chicken wire, being that I have chickens, I have scrap pieces all over the place... I'd be happy to give you a piece in you venture to south knox (where I live) or west knox (where I work) I shoudl print some of the pictures i've taken and frame them of all the animals... good ideas.

Mamaw Bee said...

Dear Lucky Wife, I would love to pick up a piece of scrap wire if I don't find any here locally. We have some farmers at church that I'm going to ask. I'll let you know if I can't find any.

Rachel said...

I just love that picture of the rooster. Brandon raises chickens now and Patty has been taking pictures of them. She got some really neat pictures of them. She frames them and Brandon has them all over his house. Does she read your blog? Garret done a great job shooting that picture!

Lucky Wife/Bookaholic said...

Did you ever find your chicken wire?