7/13/11

Serenity at the lake...

I had the best weekend this past weekend. Do you ever have such a relaxing time that you just want to snuggle it close and enjoy the memories before you venture into sharing it. That is what my weekend was like. My mom came down and we had a wonderful time together. Saturday evening, my son invited us out to the lake house and you would just not imagine the relaxation to be found along the shoreline. I had to snap this shot of Mom and my son with my granddaughter Alexis, it is a picture perfect moment of relaxing.


It was a gorgeous evening so there was a lot of activity to watch on the lake.


I took a walk with two of the grandchildren, Garret and Alexis because I cannot be this close to water and NOT dip my toes in it. The water felt so good against the heat of the day.

Colby enjoyed the outdoors just as well as the rest of us. He is such a good baby. It's hard to believe he is already 9 months old. I love the look on his face as he sat there feeling the breeze blowing.


I spent most of my time "sitting on the dock of the bay". Okay, so it was a lake, same theory. I was still watching the "tide" (or waves) roll away as the boats would go through.


My son took us on a driving tour of the point. Someone had built a small lighthouse as part of the landscaping so I had to have a picture for my beach room. (watch for an additional post to see what I'm planning with this picture).


All in all, we had a wonderful evening in my son's little piece of paradise.


2 comments:

Linda said...

Oh I loved seeing your son's "little piece of paradise"! It looks beautiful. I am so glad you had a relaxing weekend there at the lake. I can't wait to see what you do with the lighthouse picture that you took!

Love, Linda

Rachel said...

I could live there and never leave!! I love peace and quite! The older I get, the better I like it.