7/30/11

A special day....


Today, my youngest granddaughter turns 3. What a milestone. She has gotten so independent in the past year and developed her own little personality. Or should I say, her own opinions. She can be sweet as pie one minute and stubborn as a bull the next. She is going through the "I can do it myself" stage and the "Are we there yet?" phase. I ran her to her mother's work today. From turning at a stop light and going the equivalent of 4 city blocks, her brother counted 12 "Are we there yets."

She wants to buckle her car seat and she wants to brush her own hair. She is 3 going on 13. She is sweet as an angel, but can turn the whining on in a heart beat. She can be loving her brother one moment and launch a full blown attack on him the next. Her favorite show is Jake and the Neverland Pirates and she loves Rock and Roll. She'll sing "I totally Rock" one minute and be running through the house with an Ahoy Matey's the next. She is a mixture of drama and delight and I wish her a very special day!

Happy birthday, Shelby Rayne! Mamaw loves you! Her are some of my favorite pics from her first 3 years.




 (She was asking her Mommy if she could wake Daddy up in the above picture)
 I love the next picture, even though it is a little scary. I can't help but wonder what evil plot she was hatching.
 She is very close to her big brother Caleb (he's 8). Not sure how this happened, but her Mom said they were just playing and the next thing she knew, Caleb was pinned to the floor and Shelby is sitting on him with her "watch me now" grin and a pair of nail clippers in her hand. Like a good Mom, my daughter grabbed the camera FIRST and got the Kodak moment before she rescued Bubby.
 She loves her sunglasses. She has about 4 or 5 pairs. She calls them her Movie Star glasses.

Happy birthday my precious girl. Hope you have a wonderful birthday party tonight.

2 comments:

Linda said...

A very Happy Birthday to your sweet little 3 yr. old Shelby!

Loved all the pictures. (Her big brother is a doll too!)

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

JENNi said...

NEW FOLLOWER FROM THE BLOG HOP, WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A FOLLOW BACK PLZ :) iM JUST STARTiNG OUT, THANKS !
http://jenni-reviews.blogspot.com/


HAPPY BiRTHDAY TO UR LiL PRiNCESS SHES SO CUTE! :)