Today I'm riding the Tuesday Train . Every Tuesday, I like to feature 10 things that are on my mind at the time.
|Ride the Tuesday Train|
1. Walmart is now carrying the Lion Brand Yarn in the Vanna's Choice line of yarn. Since I love Vanna, (can I buy an E?) and I love yarn, it thrills me to be able to purchase affordable yarn that Vanna has teamed up with. She has been their spokesperson for 15 years. And my most favorite part is that Lion Brand Yarn and their Vanna's Choice line partner for a percentage of all Vanna yarns purchased to go to St. Jude's Children's Hospital. To date, they have raised over $700,000 for St. Jude's. That in itself is a wonderful reason for me to switch my yarn of choice to Vanna's Choice.
2. I teamed up my new cranberry and gray yarn with some black I already had to get started on this adorable quilt pattern trinket box. I just completed the lid so far, but I just started it Friday night. I've never tried a patchwork pattern, but I loved doing in and I'm loving the way it is turning out. You can't really see it in the picture, but there is a lacy rose black button in the center to lift the lid on and off.
3. Another reason I love Thirty-One Gifts products....they make excellent craft bags. My new trinket box project fits right in my bag that is monogrammed with Craft Tyme and the little mini pouch is monogrammed with Kit and contains my essential "tool kit" which has scissors, needles, seam ripper, needle threader, etc. This is one of my favorite 31 items. If Allen and I go anywhere I just grab my craft bag and I can work on it in the truck, at the hotel, etc. (I'm taking orders for these during August at 15% off making the total cost for the set $25.00 plus shipping and tax. If you want a set, email me @ email@example.com and I'll send you the patterns available and the details) I have 3 different sets of these and I'm getting ready to order another set this month while they are on sale.
4. I've shared before how I have to use reading class for up close work. Well, once I downloaded the Amazon Kindle app for my cell phone, I've started downloading some books onto my phone. Since I love to read in the car when Allen is driving, I needed a pair of glasses to keep in my purse. I had a pair that I keep at home, but I don't want to always have to remember to grab them. Found these yesterday at the Dollar Tree for (you guessed it) a dollar. The little dots are bling bling diamonds (fake of course for $1) . They are a little on the hideous side to some (like my daughter and hubby) but I love them. Need to find me a new glasses case for them.
5. I have several things that I'm always working on and needing to make notes, or print stuff, or keep copies, whatever. And they are normally scattered all over the house. So thanks to Staples and their $1.99 vinyl pocket folders and my $5.00 coupon and 25% off coupon, I now have five new folders for just about $2.50. Now when I think of a blog Idea, I drop a note in my blog folder. When I print patterns from Freepatterns.com for my craft projects or see pictures of crafts I want to make, I simply put the printed directions and pictures in my craft folder. When I have changes or updates for the church website, new music to learn for choir, or new children's church ideas, I have a church folder as well. I have a folder for personal stuff, like notes or pictures or sale flyers for my weekend shopping or my future wish list of things I want. I'm so organized now that it scares me!
6. Well, Pirate Shelby had a great 3 year birthday party Saturday night. She was so happy with her "treasure chest" on her cake because it had gold doubloon's. She is pirate crazy. Everything is Ahoy Maties. Thanks to Jake and the Neverland Pirates. We had pirate eye patches and compasses and pirate earrings and a great time.
7. One of her other obsessions is Lalaloopsies. They are dolls with wiggly arms and legs and big heads. She has only had the miniature so far but I wanted to get her one of the big dolls. We made a trip to Toys R Us and found a Lalaloopsie pirate. I was beyond thrilled. She named him Jake. Her mom got her a cute one that was a girl with pink curly ponytails and Shelby calls her Izzy (Jake's partner on the "Neverland Pirates"). The only problem is, we had never felt these outside the box. Oh my gosh, they are top heavy because of the big plastic head and the dangly body. I was hoping for soft and cuddly. But Shelby loves them and that is all that matters.
8. All parents have kids who go through the picky eaters stage. The first four of my grandchildren go through spurts where they eat better than they do at other times, but none of them are what you would call really good eaters. Until Colby. That baby just loves food. If you eat...he eats. And he doesn't care what it is. He is so adorable.
9. My neighbor lost his dog and his ducks grew up so he has no pets any more. He took down the big home he had built for the dog and all the fencing around it. He had a tree on the river bank that has lost limbs during each storm lately so he cut it down. It has really opened up my view of the river downstream. I love it. It looks great.
10. I took this picture early yesterday morning. The sun was just coming up and reflecting on the water and the fog was still nestled among the trees on the other bank of the river. It was a gorgeous peaceful morning with the temperature not reaching smoldering yet.
That's my top 10 little things this morning. Hope you have a great Tuesday.