8/10/11

Wednesday Hodge Podge


I've got a busy day planned and to be honest, didn't have time last night to think about a blog topic for today. So I decided to join up over at From This Side of the Pond to participate in her Wednesday Hodge Podge. She always asks the neatest questions. I'll have to schedule some time today to work on the rest of the weeks blog topics.
1. If you could work for any one government agency which would you choose and why?
 
If I'm going to dream, I'm going to dream big. I would want to work at the White House. I would want to be a secretary. My all time favorite movie is The American President. I would want the job of "Janie", the Presidents secretary. Of course, I would also want the President to be Michael Douglas so I guess I'll just keep working where I am.
2. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize?
It depends on the situation. I'll be angry or hurt for a short time, then I'll make excuses for why the person acted the way they did. Over time, I'll forgive them but I won't forget the incident. But I also would never bring it back up to them. On the other hand, if I know 100% that they were in the wrong for what they said or did and it is not someone that I am super close to, I just cut them out of my life. Not always easy, but I have had to do that a couple of times over my lifetime. I would rather not deal with them at all than to get angry all over again every time I see them. When one of my grandchildren was little and got upset with his mom, she told him she was sorry and he came back with "Sometimes sorry just don't get it."
3. What is your favorite meatless supper?
I had to really think about this one because we are a beef, pork, and chicken family. Supper doesn't feel like supper without meat. But if it is potluck night, I love Hungry Jack Flaky Buttermilk biscuits with peanut butter on them, homemade apple butter on the side and an ice cold glass of chocolate milk. It might not sound good, but I've been eating that since I was a young girl so it must be good.

4. Wednesday, August 10th is National Lazy Day...will you be celebrating? If so tell us how so we can be lazy too.
Well, since I have way too much to do today to celebrate being lazy, I guess the answer is no, unfortuneately, I won't be celebrating. But if I were, I know what I would do. I would eat a leisurely breakfast. Then I would go out on my patio and set on the swing with a tall glass of lemonade and read all day long while I enjoyed watching the river. I just started the book so I could read until I finish it. I would have hubby bring me lunch outside at the patio table and we would have a nice lunch together. Then I would come in and take about a 3 hour nap. After that, I would eat a good supper prepared by hubby and then take a good long bubble bath and read some more. I'd end up the day by turning the air low and laying on the couch snuggled with a blankie and watch a good movie.
5. As a child did you have any special back to school traditions and if so, what were they? If you're a parent have you continued those traditions with your own children?

One of my fondest memories was when Mom would take us to Sears & Penny's to get new shoes to start to school. We would usually get them a week or two before school started and we weren't allowed to wear them until the first day of school. When my kids started kindergarten, I continued the same tradition every year until they graduated (in high school, I did break down and let them shop alone for their shoes if they wanted to). Now, I have grandchildren and every year before school starts I take them out for a day of fun and take them shoe shopping for some new shoes for school.

 6. Write a summer tongue twister.
Well, that's a tough one. I'm not good at tongue twisters. How about "Summer sun sets so soon." So lame I'm almost embarrassed to write it.
7. Would you be interested in observing a surgery or do you turn away when the nurse pulls out the needle?
I get queasy when I see a freshly skinned knee or a new knot pops up on a banged head. When I have blood taken, I don't even LOOK at the needle. I have to turn to the other side of the room so I won't know what's going on. I'm a wimp. So watching surgery, no way Jose. I really admire those who can.

8. Insert your own random thought here. 

We don't quit playing because we grow old....we grow old because we quit playing. Make sure and schedule a little play time into your life.

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Oh your view! I need a view like that! Our next house : ) That's the plan anyway. Sigh.

Amiee said...

Your lazy day sounds just perfect! Reading and naps...AAAHHHH.

Skoots1moM said...

i like to play!