9/2/11

Finally Friday


What to do with a 4 day weekend? I know one thing, I will not spend it doing labor! I'm going to celebrate the idea of how hard I work all year and take a few days off to enjoy NOT working. After this flu bug that hit me this week, some time off sounds really good.
I had a great day yesterday since my Thirty One gifts arrived. I was so excited to unwrap each item and think of all the ways I could use it. I've already used the all-in-one organizing tote and the mini-zipper pouch with the wristlet. Have plans to use the snack lunch tote and the 5 pocket clutch over the weekend.
I think I'll start digging out my September decor this weekend. (And no I don't consider that labor when it is something I want to do.)Time to take the spring pastels out of the kitchen and go back to my fall colors. I don't care if it is still hot outside, we are having cool mornings and some of our evenings have had some lower temps so it won't be long until summer is faded into a memory.
I love redoing my Baker's Racks for the seasons. Over at Visits with Mary the other day, she had pictures of her Baker's Rack with an assortment of vintage bowls and dishes. I fell in love with it. Now I'm back in my vintage Pyrex mode and want to get some things to incorporate into my Baker's Racks this fall. I fell in love with this pattern and it would go well with my roosters.
But on the otherhand the color isn't exactly fall, so I may try to find some things in this pattern.
Or even this pattern
There are just so many wonderful things out there in vintage Pyrex land. I want to thank my sister for hooking me up to a wonderful website called Pyrex Love. Don't go there unless you have a lot of time. It is very addictive. I never knew that Pyrex made so many patterns.
(Picture from Etsy.com )
I saw this pitcher on Ebay and think I might just have to buy it. For $5.00 plus shipping, who could resist?
 And I really fell in love with this set as well.
 Well, apparently my 4 day weekend is going to be spent meandering around the county looking for some Pyrex bargains.

Have a great weekend!


1 comment:

Tiffany said...

My grandmother had the white with blue rooster bowls and always served her mashed potatoes in them. I may have to check out that site!