9/18/11

Giggles, Grins, Girls and Gifts....


It is hard to believe that this tiny little preemie, weighing 1 lb and 14 ounces would grow into this giggling, grinning little girl that steals the heart of everyone who meets her.


My first granddaughter. Alexis Caroline, our precious princess. Alexis celebrated her 7th birthday this past Wednesday. What a wild ride the past 7 years have been. Born 2 months premature, she is our special little blessing. I lost my heart to her the moment I saw her for the first time. She has grown into a definite girly-girl with a love for clothes and shoes. She is a bundle of giggles and grins. We celebrated her birthday at a bounce house last night and it was a blast. I especially enjoyed watching her on the big slide.

Here she is starting the long climb to the top.



Getting ready to tackle the slide down.


That first time down was apparently an experience. I love the look of OH MY GOSH! on her face when she came down.


After pizza, we had ice cream cake. Pink of course. Nothing less would do for a princess.


Then came the oohing and aahing as she excitedly opened her gifts. I love her facial expressions.


We have always referred to Alexis as our little princess. Nothing proved that more than last night when the princess was "holding court" with her gal pals. I just loved this next picture. Royalty being waiting on. Check out the crossed legs. Love it.


I think a wonderful time was had by all. Our grandbabies grow up so fast and with each year, as they develop their own personalities, we just grow to love them more and more.


I hope Mamaw's princess has had a very special week. Happy Birthday, Alexis. We love you.





No comments: