9/10/11

Sock-filled Saturday & A Special Birthday


My name is Mamaw Bee and I am a sockaholic. That is right. I'm obsessed with socks. This is just one of my three sock drawers. I have been addicted as long as I can remember. I love socks that are plain, fancy, striped, patterned, themed, you name it. I love socks. Any time we exchange gifts and I have to put down what I want, I put socks as one of my items. The fuzzier and warmer the better. Now this is a strange thing coming from the Flip Flop queen. But truth is, when it is no longer flip flop weather, I break out the socks.

On Labor Day I went shopping at one of my favorite stores....Socks Galore. They had some great bargains and here are some new socks I picked up that day.

These socks are so soft it is unbelievable. They are made of some kind of fiber that makes them really bond good to the shape of your foot. I wore a pair yesterday and could not believe how comfortable they are.

I also purchased a pair of fleece lined sock footies with skid free bottoms. Love them!! They are extremely comfortable and very warm on these cool fall evenings.  
And on a final note to those of you who are wondering...No, my sock drawer is not normally that neat and organized. I had to stage it for your viewing pleasure. I'd prefer you not see how crammed full the sock drawers really are.

On another note, Happy Birthday to my son-in-law Michael today. We are so blessed to have him as part of our family. He is a wonderful husband to my daughter and an awesome father to two of my grandchildren. Happy birthday, Michael.






1 comment:

Beth said...

Happy birthday to your son in law!