9/24/11

You have GOT to be kidding me....


Okay, this just takes the cake. Do you ever have one of those experiences in a store where you just look at the cashier and think "You have GOT to be kidding me!" Well, I had one of those moments at the grocery store today. I purchased 4 items I needed and hurried to the express lane so I could get out. The clerk wasn't paying attention to what she was doing and swiped my Pepsi 12 pack carton across the scanner twice. When she looked up at the screen, she saw it rang up twice.

She looked me in the eye, dead serious, and said "It rang your Pepsi up twice. You want to just run back and get another one so I don't have to void it?"

EXCUSE ME? Did I just hear correctly? Are you actually suggesting I shell out another $4.00 plus tax just so YOU don't have to void an item. Give me a break. That is not how it is supposed to work. You make a mistake. You correct it. You don't ask your customer to walk 7 aisles back and pick up an extra of an item she only needed one of....JUST BECAUSE YOU MADE A MISTAKE.

I'm sitting here 6 1/2 hours after it happened still thinking "You have GOT to be kidding me!"


2 comments:

Ms67GTO said...

I thought this stuff only happened to me!!! I'm dying to hear "the rest of the story"? How did you handle this?Did you nicely offer to go back those long seven aisles and retrieve yet another pack?

Did you look her in the eye and say out loud, "EXCUSE ME, but what did you just ask ME to do again???"

Did you kindly ask HER to correct HER mistake and void it? What was her attitude like after that?

I'm laughing because I got so very tired of being taken advantage of and, in a way, "abused" for being so patient, kind, and accomodating that I now confront kindly and, depending on the response, it could get politely "ugly"!

Give us all the scoop here! Inquiring minds want to know!

I so appreciate your honesty and love the way you write! Keep on, keepin' on for Jesus! May His light always shine down upon you (even in grocery stores with lazy clerks)! LOL

Sherry

Mamaw B said...

Sherry, I just looked at her in disbelief and said "Excuse me? No, I don't want another one. I only needed one carton." She sighed and hit void and asked a manager to come there. She looked at the manager and said "This rang up twice and she doesn't want another one." He looked at her like she had grown two heads and said, "You just need to hit void." He was obviously as shocked as I was at her suggestion. The funny thing is, no matter how many groceries I get at the store I ALWAYS use the self scanners. It's a lot faster. But I felt like being lazy that day. I'll guarantee you that I'm going to stick with being a self-scanner. LOL.