10/31/11

Happy Halloween!

Things I love about Halloween


1. Candy. Lots and lots of candy. I always buy more than I think we need. That way we get to enjoy the leftovers.

2. The kiddies in their costumes. I always love to see what unique costumes come by the door. Some are store bought, some are homemade and some are so elaborate it makes me want to drag out my camera.

3. The smiling faces. Not just of the adorable children who smile so happily, but of the parents who seem to enjoy it as much as the kids.

4. Little ones who you can tell are experiencing their first Halloween. Some just kind of look at you like, I don't know you but Hey, Wow! I got candy!

5. The liveliness of the neighborhood. People milling about. Neighbors on their front porches. Socializing with people you know who bring their kids by. Of course, the past several years, we have missed this. We lived in a neighborhood that was off the beaten path and only had about 5 or 6 kids. Once they became teenagers, we just had one or two stop by. The last two years we didn't have any. But since the move, we live in a neighborhood that is closer to civilization and has more kids so I expect to have some tonight, even if it is not a lot. It will still be more than none.

6. Did I mention Candy? Yes, I do like that about Halloween.

7. The various trick-or-treat sing song. "Trick or Treat" or "Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat." Here, just take the candy because I really do not want to smell any feet tonight.

8. The decorated porches. I love seeing how people decorate their houses for Halloween. Whether it is with lights and witches brewing at their cauldron or simply a cared jack-o-lantern, I just like to checkout the decorations.

9. Did I mention Candy?

10. And my 10th favorite thing about Halloween.....the LEFTOVER candy. 

No comments: