11/17/11

Craft Corner


My sister and Mom love to do folk art applique stitchery on homespun towels. They have made some beautiful towels over the years. I have made a few items myself, but usually end up giving them away. My sister sent me some photos of her three latest projects and I thought I would share them with you today. Every time her or my mother make something new, I want to rush out and get stuff to make something myself. I have plenty of material, Wonder Under, and thread on hand. I just need to find some towels. I have a lot of patterns, but you can also find printable patterns on the internet. Here are Rachel's latest creations.

Here is her pumpkin she had made for October. I love the way she embellishes it with buttons. I am a button fanatic. I buy them "just in case" I need them for a project.


Her Thanksgiving Turkey turned out very well. One of the fun things about folk art stitchery is the chance to mix and match patterns, colors and textures for the perfect look. There is no right or wrong. You just do what you like.


But my absolue favorite is the snowman. I think she may just have to send me a copy of this pattern. I love him. I bought some new placemats and a bowl for the dining room table for Christmas and there are snowmen on it. I would love to do a towel in colors to compliment my snowmen.


That's it for now. If she gets anything new done or if I get brave enough to try one. I'll post more picks.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love your new background!! So pretty! Thanks for showing my crafts, Piggy! Love you!

Visits With Mary said...

The towels are so pretty! !