11/13/11

I'm getting in the Christmas mood....



With Thanksgiving approaching and Christmas just around the corner, I'm starting to get in the mood. I'm scouring through my craft patterns and materials to come up with ideas for something to make for a new Christmas decoration.


I have started my Christmas list and have been going through Black Friday Ads to find the perfect item for each one on my list. I'm a little amazed this year. My hubby is one of the hardest people to buy for because he just likes simple things and is not big on hobbies. He doesn't go out much except to the store and work so clothing is not a big issue and he is so easy on his clothes they seem to last forever. But the amazing thing this year is that I have 6 ideas for him, which is very rare!


The grandkids are never a problem. They each have their own favorites when it comes to toys so they are easy to buy for. I'm working on ideas for the grown-ups in the family right now. I have a few thoughts, but I also "spy" and eavesdrop on Thanksgiving while they look at the Black Friday ads. They may think I'm busy in the kitchen, but my ears are tuned in for clues.


My Black Friday partner, my daughter, will be working on Black Friday this year so I'm going to have to adjust my routine. I normally hit local stores around 5:00 a.m. until about 8:00. Then I pick her and the kids up and we head to a neighboring city where we can hit Target, Kohl's, Toys R Us and the mall.


Now so many places are opening at 10:00 p.m. or midnight on Thanksgiving, I'm not sure what my new game plan will be this year. I think I will go my normal early morning and just head straight to the neighboring town and skip the local stores. But who knows, I guess it will depend on what I need to buy and where I need to buy it.


I fortunately will not be getting any electronics or rare items this year so I shouldn't miss out on any deals by waiting until morning to head out. Ten o'clock at night is for sleeping in my world, not for shopping.

Of course, not everyone gets into the thrill of Black Friday and I accept that. But it's what I enjoy.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I am getting into the mood too! I have ordered some things online and am already receiving them. I bought a cute Old St. Nick at an antique mall the other day. I never give Santa much of a place because I know it is all about Jesus...but this one was just kinda charming. (:>)

I won't decorate until after Thanksgiving...but as I said, I am getting in the mood.

Never been one to go out with the crowds to show on Black Friday1 But I know some people enjoy it, and they do get good bargains. I hope you will too.

Love, Linda