11/1/11

Thoughts of Thanksgiving

I love holidays. So this time of year is one of my favorite seasons. Halloween is behind us and now we can start looking forward to Thanksgiving. A time for family and loved ones to gather around the table. A time for turkey and ham and all the trimmings. A time to put aside our grievances and petty differences and just be thankful for what we DO have instead of worrying about what we don't have.
I did get some good news this past weekend regarding the holiday. As you know, Hubby is the cook in the family. He has worked in the food industry for over 18 years. He just started a new job last Thursday and we were worried about Thanksgiving dinner this year. I make dessert and deviled eggs and he handles the rest. He loves to do it. What would I do if he had to work on Thanksgiving? Who would prepare the meal? I could feel a panic attack building. In the food industry in a tourist town, you always have to worry about working a holiday because it is so rare for a food place to be closed.
Well, it turns out the new company he works for closes on Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas. I was so excited to learn about this. I won't have to starve on the holidays.


2 comments:

Leslie said...

I am excited to get to work around the house this morning and trade the spooky ghouls for festive turkeys. I love Thanksgiving ~ it's the best holiday!
Have a great day.

MissyMcM said...

quote from Steve: Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday...you get to eat as much as you want and don't have to buy any gifts to do it!