11/12/11

Welcome to my world....

Do you ever have weeks where you just wonder what in the world is going on?



A couple of weeks ago, my check transmission light came on in my car. Then it went off and the car wouldn't go in reverse. It was in the evening and I couldn't get my car guy. I called him the next morning and they picked it up, kept it for several days and couldn't find a single thing wrong with it. So I went and got it back and have been driving it without a problem. It was raining hard and I was going up a steep hill when it came on so they think "my driving" may have caused it to slip for a second or have a little "hiccup" as it caught up with the hill.



Thursday, my Internet would not connect on my home office computer. I tried everything. It has been acting a little flaky for days, but all my virus scans were fine and all my cookies and spy ware is deleted daily. I defrag weekly so I wasn't sure what was going on. I even plugged it directly to the modem and took it off wireless and still no Internet.  I finally took it to the computer doctor for him to figure out what was going on.

Friday, I went to go to the store. I started the car and let it warm up. When I went to back up, it made an awful clunky chunky metallic noise like something was about to fall out. Then the check transmission AND the check engine lights came on. I waited awhile and started it again and now the check engine light is on and it flashes the words Check Engine then Check Transmission, but the check transmission light isn't on. So it's back to the car guy for another once over. Thank the Lord I bought a 5 year warranty and I've only had it about 6 months.

Yesterday afternoon, I called the computer guru for an update since they had hoped to have the computer ready yesterday afternoon. Turns out that despite all my firewalls and virus protection, I have gotten a bug of some kind. It is randomly deleting large sections of files that are required to run a computer. He has identified over 30 missing system files (so far) that are mandatory for a computer to run. Bottom line is he is trying to replace the files and find the virus, but he needs access to the Internet to fix some of the problems and without having those problems fixed he can't access the Internet. There is talk of having to reinstall my original disks. I keep disks forever so you would think that would be no problem. Well, thanks to the recent move, I can't recall where I put the disks so I'll be doing detective work today.

Now, you might wonder how in the world I am holding up with all this going on. Amazingly enough, I am not stressed. I am not in a panic. I did have the foresight to back up my documents and my Outlook before I took it to him in case things get lost. There are some of my older files that I didn't get backed up (lack of DVD's) but he doesn't think he will lose my documents, but Outlook is iffy. But that is the one thing that I do keep backed up so I should be okay.

Through this all, two of my favorite bible verses keep running through my head:

Psalm 46:10 - Be still and know that I am God...

Isaiah 30:15 -  ...in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength:

Have a blessed day. 

1 comment:

Rachel said...

To help brighten your day, I am sending you , your birthday present today! It is a little early but since you already know what it is I am sending it now! Hope things get better! Just think about Black Friday and that will cheer you up!!