1/26/12

Proud of my nieces

I talk a lot of being a grandmother and about my grandchildren. I talk about my sister and share pics of her decorating. I talk about my twins and how great it was being a mother of twins.

But I am also an Aunt and as an Aunt, I get bragging rights on my nieces and nephews who I love dearly. Between the two sides of the family, hubby and I have 8 nieces and 5 nephews, 4 great-nieces and 8 great-nephews.

MU Snowman Earrings

Today, I want to introduce you to two of my nieces who are bloggers. Kari is a mother of two who went on vacation a couple of years ago and saws some making lampwork glass beads. The lady let Kari try her hand at it and the rest is history. She now owns her own business and sells her beads in many crafts markets surrounding areas of her hometown in West Virginia. Take a moment and visit her blog when you get a chance. She is very talented and some of the details she can do totally amaze me. Her blog is Bead Unique by Kari and her Etsy shop is http://www.beaduniquebykari.etsy.com.



My niece Emili is a freshman at Bethany College in West Virginia. She is taking a class that is a craft class. They are learning to do all kinds of crafts ... old and new... such as knitting, weaving, making lures for fly fishing, cross stitch, soap...they even made cheese. Check out her blog at Emili's New and Old Crafts. I love the stories she tells along with the crafts. Especially the one where she can't wait to come back to Mamaw's house and sit on the front porch and do cross stitch with her.

I am so proud of both of them for their talents. I just wanted to show them off as an Aunt is allowed to do. If you get a chance to stop by their blogs and leave a comment, just tell them Aunt Bee sent you!

3 comments:

Becky Jane said...

Visited them both and enjoyed the adventure! you're such an awesome auntie!

Rachel said...

I will have to visit Kari's blog.

Unknown said...

Thank you for featuring me yesterday! I had computer issues and never had the chance to visit again after my morning on-line time. I love some your posts and I will definitely become a regular here :)