5/13/12

The Perfect Mother



My beautiful Mother. The perfect mother. I am sure if you could look up a definition for the perfect Mother, it would be Mommy. She is the epitome of what a mother should be.


Someone who loves their family unconditionally. Someone who always shows her support in anything we wanted to do. She never belittled our goals or dreams and she never made us feel put down or unloved.


As we were growing up, she was teaching us about love simply by showing it to us every day. In my eyes, she is perfect.


She let us have cats and dogs when we were growing up. She took us to the library and taught us a love for books. She made cakes and candy and cookies. She would fix us picnics to eat in the yard. She let us play and romp around outside all we wanted. She did make us stay off her mopped floors till they dried and I am sure we tried her patience many a times over the years.



She didn't beat us or constantly scream at us. We were raised to show respect to others and to behave our selves in public, be polite, have good manners and to always wear clean underwear in case we were in an accident.


She loves our children and our children's children. She will be 82 years old in June and doesn't have any major health issues. She still gets around good and is on the go almost as much as I am. God has blessed her with four children, eleven grandchildren, and thirteen great grandchildren. Is she perfect? In my eyes, yes she is. If I had to find just one fault with my mother it would be that she always made me sit at the table until I ate all my mashed potatoes. That's it. That's the only thing I can complain about in my 55 years as her daughter. And now mashed potatoes is one of my favorite foods so I realy can't complain.

I love you, Mommy. Have a happy Mother's Day.





1 comment:

Rachel said...

Very well said!! We four kids are very blessed to have the mother we have. She is the best!