5/24/12

Snack Plate and cup

I have been seeing a lot of snack plates with cups on vintage dish sites. I would love to have some for those days when I just want a cup of soup and a sandwich for lunch or a little snack with a cup of hot chocolate. Or a piece of cake and a cup of milk. So I set out to see what is available in vintage. Now just to decide what ones I want for my collection.

I love the color of this one.


This is a Fire King pattern like what used to come in oats. 


I like the simplicity of this one. I have several platters in the restaurant style. 


I like the rectangle clear glass shape. This would be cute for snacks with punch. I have a great punch recipe that you can make by the cup. Just fill 2/3 of your cup orange pineapple juice and 1/3 with some 7-Up or Sprite and a spoon of orange sherbet. It is delicious. 


You know I am becoming obsessed with wheat patterns. I don't have a clue why, but I just love this pattern. 


When I saw this one, it made me realize I would like to have several different sets of snack plates so I could use some for holidays. 


This is very cute. I love the deep cups for my veggie soup. 


This blue and corn pattern is cute. It has that vintage look to it. 


This is so retro looking that I just fell in love with it. 


Another Fire King pattern. This one is called Rose Crest. It is very pretty. 


This is a unique pattern. It looks vintage like it could be 50's or 60's. 


One more Fire King that is similar to the patterns found in Mother's Oats coffee cup freebies. 


And look at this set of melmac platters with cups. I would have loved to have found something like this. You can see where the owner paid $2.00 for the set of four. What a bargain. 


These would be pretty for fall. I love the leaf shape of the plates. 


This is another pretty one for fall or winter. I love red barns and covered bridges so this would be right up my alley. 


And my very favorite for Christmas. Would just love to find this set somewhere. Makes me want to curl up with a good book, a donut and hot chocolate. 

 

Do you own a snack plate and cup set? What pattern is yours?

1 comment:

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh my! I love them all! I love SNACK plates. I have a lot of the clear ones and adore them. Hugs and blessings, Cindy