5/23/12

Thoughts for the weekend

I am considering what to do and where to go this weekend. Hubby is off today so we are heading out this morning (weather permitting) to the Farmer's Market at Market Square in Knoxville, TN. We normally find some great buys there. One lady makes the most fabulous home made breads and pound cakes. We always get something from her booth. There is a variety of veggies, plants, flowers, crafts, food and music. It is a very festive atmosphere every Wednesday and Saturday, May through November. 




Of course, I love going to the Turkey Creek Public Market. Outside you will find lots of fruits and veggies with sample abounding. But inside....inside you will find shops and booths and great deals. Goodwill has a HUGE booth that features tons of glassware and kitchen collectibles. You can sometimes find some great vintage finds in their glassware section. 




I have lived here for over 20 years and have only went to the Great Smokies Flea Market a few times. I just simply forget about it being there, even though it is right at exit 407 in Kodak. The inside is loaded with lots of booths and specialty items. But outside is like a giant ongoing yard sale. I haven't been since I started collecting vintage items but I have been told that Pyrex shows up a lot at reasonable prices in the outside booths. Over 200,000 sq ft all total.




I know one thing I want on my list this weekend of things to do and that is to visit the reopening of Old Time Pottery. I love that store. It burned in a fire several years back and was never reopened. Now it is. I am sure there will be bargains galore. I love going there for all the kitchen glassware. I had an awesome cake stand that I got there many years ago and would love to find another one. 


Monday will be my annual trek to Tanger Outlet Mall with my friend Sherrie. I may shop for tennis shoes at Sketchers that day or I may look for some new flip flops at Totes or Crocs. The again I may try to find me a new Donna Sharp purse. Who knows I may end up just window shopping.




I know I want to make a visit to Jo-Ann's. Since I am on a new craze for Yo-Yo's, I want to get some material to have on hand. They are having a good sale on several of their types of materials and I have a coupon for 20% off my entire purchase (even sale items). I went there the other day with no coupon and still saved 40%. I bought 3 different pieces of material in 1/4 yard lengths that will make tons of Yo-Yo's and it was only $2.50 total for all of it. 



JoAnn Fabric And Craft Store Sevierville TN


I need to make a trip to McKay's to trade in some of my paperback books. Not sure if I'm going to squeeze that into this weekend or not. We'll see. 


2 comments:

Lucky Wife/Bookaholic said...

I wondered what happened to Ole Time Pottery! I didn't know it had burnt down...
Ohhh can't wait to see the reopening, I love that place.

Creations By Cindy said...

You are fixing to be one busy lady! Ooh, would love to go to the Old Time Pottery! GOODWILL I DO LOVE! Hugs and blessings, Cindy