5/29/12

The worst part...


The worst part of taking a long weekend off is having to get back into your groove on Tuesday. I had a pretty uneventful weekend. I did make it to Old Time Pottery and am beyond thrilled with all the new items. The linen section was unbelievable. There were some good bargains on cloth napkins.


And I fell in love with this set of dishes. The picture looks more plain blue, but they were actually a really light turquoise/aqua color. 


I fell in love with tall the dish towels they had.


Especially these bright colors. 


They had some adorable quilted throws that would be perfect for those cool fall evening or cold winter nights. 


They had a large assortment of tablecloths. i will probably visit that section often. A woman can never have too many tablecloths. And they actually carry the 104" long ones. Most places have the 102". You wouldn't think those 2" makes much of a difference, but on a table that seats 8 it does. 


They had so much to look at that it just boggles the mind. Saw lots of glasses, serving bowls, kitchen storage, lamps, pictures, trunks, wicker, and so much more. I have to go back again soon and again soon after that. I only made one purchase yesterday since I was so busy taking everything in. But I am so happy with my purchase. I have been looking for a half cloth/half lace tablecloth since October and finally found one at Old Time Pottery. The cost? Just $5.99 for the 104". I can't wait to put it on today and do a different centerpiece for the table. I am pretty sure the results will show up on a blog post later this week. 


Since hubby had to work last night, I was responsible for my own dinner. So I decided on home made pizza bread. My favorite is sausage so I made some for my supper.


The funny part was, I only had to pick up the bread and sausage. I already had the cheese and pizza sauce. You would think I could just run in a store and get two items. But then I thought, "Well, I'll need something sweet for dessert." Yes, you guessed it. I got carried away.










2 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

Ooh, would love one of the receses right about now! Ha! I love cloth napkins. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Rachel said...

Those cloth napkins are great for Primitive Stitching. I like the looks of Old Time Pottery. Pizza breads look mighty tasty!!