6/12/12

You just gotta love the USPS


I love getting things in the mail that I'm not expecting. I have had some good mail days this past week. 

It started when I got a card. Inside the card was a little note that said the sender had seen on my blog that I was looking for a sand dollar necklace and it was signed Guess Who. If I had to guess, I would say it was from my Secret Sister at church. But since her identity is a secret until December, I'm no closer to figuring out who send me the charm and earrings in sand dollar. But I was thrilled to pieces when it arrived. What an unexpected blessing. The picture is a little blurry but the piece is gorgeous. 


Then a couple of days later, I got a package from my mom. She has started working on the aprons she is making me. My cousin gave mom a ton of material and she loves to sew. When I mentioned I wanted some new aprons that just went around your waist, she said she would make me some. I love the material she picked out for the first one. It turned out great and I've worn it several times since it arrived. 


The next thing I received was actually through UPS, not the post office. It was my new Organizing Utility Tote from Thirty One in the new pattern, Minty Chip. I adore it.


I had chosen to have it personalized in turquoise with one of my favorite words. 


The last item that came in the mail last week was some beads I had bid on through E-bay. I ordered a chain and am starting to order beads and charms to make me a Pandora style bracelet. I don't buy the expensive beads and charms because I would feel like I would have to wear them constantly if I paid a lot for them. So I bid on the packs of beads. I got a good deal on these.


They came from Hong Kong. One thing I like about ordering beads and charms from Hong Kong is the fact that they are almost always .99 cents with free shipping and there are almost always more than one bead in the pack for the .99 cents. That was true for these two beads. I got 5 of each bead for a total of $1.99. You just gotta love a good deal.

But I don't want to have my whole bracelet in just two colors of beads so I was trying figure out what to do with the extra beads.


I am going to give one of each color to the first four people who leave a comment saying they would like a set of the beads. It's that simple. So if you want a blue and a yellow bead, just leave me a comment requesting the freebie and I'll contact you to get your mailing address. Be sure and leave me your email address so I can contact you.



3 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

What a nice surprise! Love how others think of us! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Amy said...

I would love a set of beads for my bracelet!!!

Donna said...

I would love to have a set of your beads. I have a pandora style bracelet and necklace in red & black. I will be starting one in a new color if I get some beads from you!! I enjoy your blog!
Blessings, Donna