8/17/12

A nice surprise for hubby


Hubby and I went to Double R Farms produce store yesterday because I saw on Facebook that they had fresh blackberries. Sure enough Hubby couldn't resist and we bought some. He wanted a cobbler and I offered to make it (even though I have only made cobbler once in my life. It was a perfect opportunity to use my $1.00 Pyrex casserole dish. I covered them with sugar and let them set then used some of the juice and cornstarch for a thickener. 


Then I got my biggest green Pyrex bowl and mixed up the dough mixture for the topping. 


It turned out pretty good "looks wise" as far as I could tell. I don't eat cobbler so I didn't know if it was right or not. 


But Hubby sure didn't wait to cut into it. Of course, when I caught him at it, I had to yell "Wait!" I need a picture for my blog. 


I made it from a recipe we found online. It didn't call for enough corn starch because the juice was still a little "juicy" if you ask me. 


But he spooned on some vanilla ice cream and declared it heavenly so all is well that ends well. 


Since he had his cobbler I had to make me a cake. I chose my Swiss Chocolate Cinnamon Cake with chocolate icing. It turned out great. This is one of those no fail recipes. 


As a matter of fact, guess what was for breakfast this morning. Don't judge me. I did add milk for dairy since, after all, it was breakfast. 




No comments: