9/8/12

Amy's Amazing Crafts


I thought today would be a good day to feature some of the latest crafts my niece Amy has been making. She is very talented and I love sharing her projects when they are completed. 

Love the little "carrot". This would be an awesome idea for a decoration on a harvest tablescape. 

 

This is a "no-sew" table runner. Simply buy the material you like at 2" bigger than the runner or scarf you want to make. Fold the edges under 1" all the way around and use fabric glue or seam tape to glue the edges to the back side. 


I love this. It is probably one of my favorite things I have seen lately. You need a clay flower pot with saucer, round wooden ball, and a glass bowl. Spray paint the flower pot, flower pot saucer and the ball. Turn the flower pot upside down. Glue the bowl on the pot. Amy used E6000 industrial strength craft adhesive like you can find at Michael's. Glue the round wooden ball on the bottom of the saucer. Fill with candy, place the saucer "lid" on the clear bowl, tie a ribbon around the base and you have a gorgeous candy dish. I have got to make this. Notice it setting on her little runner. 


Remember at Easter, Amy showed us to put a candle or flowers in a vase with Easter Eggs or Jelly beans. Well, she has done it again with little pumpkins. How adorable are the little pumpkins? I love it. I asked her where they came from and she bought hers at Craft 2000 in Parkersburg, WV. Just $1.00 something a bag and I think she said she used about 3 bags. I couldn't find any locations close to me so I'll have to ask her to get me some if I can't find them at Hobby Lobby. 


Fabric wreath she made. There are tutorials all over the internet for fabric wreaths. Look closely at the little acorns and leaf in the middle of the wreath. 


This is a floral wreath for anytime of the year. I think I will buy some artificial mums and pull the flowers off each stem to make one in oranges, yellow and reds. It would be neat to do one for Christmas with Poinsettia's. I forgot to ask her, but it looks like the flowers are glued onto a grapevine wreath. 


This is a box, I'm guessing a shoe box, that she covered in...DUCT TAPE! How cute is that. I have seen the sheets and the tape in fabulous patterns at Staples and Walmart. 


And jumping ahead to Christmas is her primitive Snowman dishtowel. This would be very easy to make and self-explanatory. I love it. 


I am so proud of my niece for her many talents. Can't wait to see what she comes up with for Thanksgiving. Thanks, Amy, for letting me share your projects. 

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I wish that talent would rub off on her mother! LOL! That is some pretty neat stuff!

Debbie said...

Adorable stuff. She should open up an Etsy Shop.