9/13/12

This...that...and the other....


....another day of random stuff.

I saw a link over at Pyrex Collective III that had found a Pyrex clear bowl with Halloween. She asked the question "Is Pyrex making new pieces with patterns on clear?" Good question. Inquiring minds want to know. If you visit the Flicker page for the photo, the comments say the owner found this at Target. I do believe we may see a Target trip in my near future. With so many Pyrex fans out there, these will probably be snatched up fast. 

#halloween #pyrex
(This photo shared courtesy of Flicker Embed Code Sharing)

Speaking of new Pyrex, I saw this on Target's website. It appears Pyrex has added a lid to their standard measuring cup. 

As I was cleaning off my camera, I found some photos I had not shared with you. A few weeks ago, Hubby and I spent the day just window shopping in antique shops, something we love to do. There is a gorgeous china pattern by Royal China called Blue Heaven. I see it all over the Internet and love it, but have never seen it in person. Farmhouse Antiques #2 in Jefferson City, has a set of it in a basket. It was the first time I had seen it in person. It was gorgeous. I don't need any dishes...wouldn't have anywhere to put them...but it was great to see it in person. 


While we were there, I saw this old cabinet like my grandmother had in her kitchen years ago. It is the one that has the flour sifter in it. It was in good condition to be as old as it was. 


They also had a bowl in the Pyrex Friendship Pattern which was a pattern I had never seen in person. I loved the old canister set beside it. 


I talked yesterday about an open house with a Christmas theme. That reminded me that I had picked up two Christmas coffee cups at yard sales this summer and had never shared them with you. So I have a start on my cups for the hot chocolate for my open house. I have a bunch more put away in my Christmas stuff. Since most of them came from yard sales, I think it would be a great idea to let everybody pick their cup and get to take it home with them. 


With these cold mornings, it is time for me to start having hot chocolate again. Here is a cup I found this summer that I had put up to be my new fall hot chocolate cup. Isn't it a beauty. I had paid .25 cents for it at a thrift shop. 


I had also bought this over the summer and put it up to set out with my fall stuff but didn't know what to do with it. I think it will hold my hot chocolate packets. I do believe that this weekend will be when I redo the kitchen for fall and take the lace tablecloth off and pack up summer decor and get my fall decor back out. Hubby works Saturday so this would be a good time to do it. 


All this talk about hot chocolate and fall is making me want a cup of chocolate. Have a blessed Thursday. 



3 comments:

Mamaw's Place said...

Well, I had to go to Knoxville today. Popped into Target to look for the Pyrex piece above and my Target didn't have it. I would be interested in seeing if anybody else sees it at their target.

Rachel said...

I will check my target. I love the red and white cup.

Unknown said...

My Target in upstate NY has them. I picked up a pumpkin one and bats. :)