10/20/12

The yard sale with 2000 items...


I went yesterday to the 2000 item yard sale. And I don't doubt for a minute that there were 2000 items there. I have never seen so much stuff. Some things were good deals and some not so much. They did have two pieces of Pyrex but I didn't buy them. They were marked Pyrex Corelle and the pattern was a white and blue that I didn't really care for. Plus they were in casserole styles that I have more than what I want of. 

But I did pick up a few unique things. They had some paperbacks for a quarter each or 5 for $1.00. I got some good Nora Roberts, a Debbie Macomber and a Luanne Rice. Which is good because I am just finishing up the In the Garden Trilogy by Nora Roberts and needed something new to start. 


They had this little round Christmas tin for just .50 cents. I have a whole plan for my Christmas tins so I'm trying to collect more as I go. 


I found this adorable little jar for just .50 cents. I am picturing it with a little piece of jute or ribbon under the rim area and filling it with my malted milk balls. 


But my favorite, favorite find of the day was this set of whimsical cats for just .75 cents for the pair. I love them. I know just where they are going. I will show you later. First they need a bath and cleaned up. 


On another note, I wanted to share Hubby's supper with you from last night. I had ordered Pizza Hut and he wanted wings, but wanted his own. He deep fried the wings and then mixed Holy Smoke BBQ Sauce that we got at the Double R Farms with KC Masterpiece Hickory BBQ. 


The Holy Smoke has some heat to it so that added a little kick to the wings. Then he took the leftover potatoes from Thursday night supper that I tried from Mama M's Grandma's recipe and cut them up and deep fried them. The result.. Doesn't this look scrumptious. 










1 comment:

Beth said...

An awesome garage sale. I would have loved to have seen that.

The BBQ looks scrumptious!