10/26/12

Thinking about it...


Most of my everyday dishes are heavy duty. We have a set of green dishes that are real heavy weight.


We also have some platters we use a lot that are Restaurant Style.


But there are times when I am just having a sandwich and chips and I hate dragging out the heavy plates. I have been looking for something lightweight like melmac, but can't find anything locally and shipping on Ebay or Etsy makes them too expensive.


I have this Corelle platter that Mom gave me that I love. So now I'm thinking I might just look for some Corelle plates for my light lunches.


I found some patterns I like on E-bay. Our local antique store has a ton of affordable Corelle dishes that can be bought by the piece so I may look through their patterns this coming week. They have a Spring Blossom Crazy Daisy pattern that matches my Pyrex nesting bowls. I could look for some plates in that. 


Many years ago, I had some Corningware in the Abundance pattern and loved it. I could look for some dishes in it. 


This is called the Summer Impressions pattern and it looks like something I would like.  


But the one I would really like to find is the Indian Summer pattern. I love the busy flowery patterns.  I also love the color scheme in this particular pattern. I would be thrilled to find some of these. 


It reminds me of that pattern I love in the Arcopal France china line that is so hard to find in the U.S.


In my research of Corelle patterns, I discovered some Christmas patterns. I had never seen these. I do my kitchen in a lot of the reds for Christmas. This pattern would be so neat to stumble on for a tablescape. 


I have seen the holly pattern before. I may even have owned a piece of two in the past. I can't recall but for some reason I think I had a bowl or something from a yard sale in this pattern. 


This is a pretty pattern. I love busy patterns on my dishes, which is strange considering most of my dishes are solids. 


Whatever I find, I can mix and match if I want since they are just plates for lunch so I will only need two of each. 

No comments: